Ready-Mix Concrete Plant Supervisor
An exciting opportunity to join Ireland’s leading independent manufacturer of concrete
construction materials. We are currently looking for an experienced Ready-Mix Concrete
Plant Supervisor for our plant in The Naul, Co. Dublin.
The successful candidate will have a positive and professional demeanour, excellent
interpersonal skills and will be able to work independently. The nature of the work will
require that the candidate demonstrate initiative and responsibility and be flexible/adaptive
to a fast-paced and fluid business environment.
The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee all aspects of the plant manufacturing
operations to include: production quotas and analysis, quality control, scheduling of raw
materials, equipment trouble shooting, maintenance, inventory control, personnel
management, environmental compliance, the daily management of the ready-mix concrete
plant, including but not limited to leadership, safety, environment, operations, quality,
efficiency, maintenance, appearance and administration.
Team(s) Alignment: Road-surfacing
Responsible to: Contracts Director
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Maintain the highest standard of quality and safety in all areas of production from
- manufacturing to shipment.
- Safely batch concrete and load trucks according to order specification.
- Oversee efficient plant operations related to production and scheduling.
- Manage the schedule and performance of production maintenance.
- Ensure the plant maintains proper stock inventories (raw materials, machinery/vehicle
- parts, etc.).
- Supervise hourly personnel & drivers to include: hiring, training, directing, counseling
- and disciplining employees according to company policy.
- Coordinate and reinforce daily plant inspections, safety meetings and toolbox talks,
- the wearing of PPE and monthly fleet and plant inspections.
- Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, be fully
- compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules,
- report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
- Communicate with the Technical & Operations Manager and other departments.
- Maintain a clean fleet.
- Coordinate fleet maintenance with work-shop.
- Coordinate plant maintenance with Fitter(s).
- Perform month-end inventory.
- Job & Person Specification
- Controlled Document September 2018
- Revision 1
- Develop relationships with plant Sales & Account Manager and customers.
- Manage CODs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with ready-mix concrete production, associated
- equipment and fleet management.
- Excellent knowledge of quarry & concrete production processes and the types of products
- Strong knowledge of Concrete Batching Plants and associated maintenance requirements.
- An understanding of QC/QA for the ready-mix concrete industry.
- A working mechanical knowledge of all plant related equipment
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to promote and maintain an environmentally compliant and safety oriented plant
- in accordance with all H&S regulations and company standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal professionally with
- all managers, employees, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to lead and manage teams.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Working computer skills.
Character & Personal Qualities
- A commitment to team concepts, a sense of ownership and urgency.
- A team player with flexibility.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent time-keeper
All applications to email@example.com