Kilsarans new Precast Plant in Brownstown Co. Kildare is now fully operational with several high-profile projects currently in production. The new plant is fully automated, bringing the first of a kind in terms of precast technology to the Irish market.
Kilsaran has a clear vision for precast production based on its experience with other concrete product production facilities in the Group.
Key to this vision is a production facility offering quality assured, traceable precast products that are manufactured with precision. Cost and environmental benefits are delivered with on-time production requiring minimal storage.
Following a worldwide search, Kilsaran appointed the Progress Group to provide a fully automated carousel system with robots at every production stage. From pallet cleaning to despatch, shuttering, reinforcement bending and fixing to insert and concrete placement, and curing.
Each component is individually constructed, avoiding redundant manufacturing processes, to achieve maximum cost benefits.
Not only is the production facility itself fully automated, but the information is delivered using the advanced PMXL system. Punch Consulting works in collaboration with Kilsaran to provide BIM support and structural analysis for each building project with direct information supply to the factory.
Design concept advice can also be provided at an early stage to convert buildings initially designed in traditional forms of construction to precast concrete.
Kilsaran’s aim is to take complex building problems and provide bespoke precast solutions. To provide assistance with this service, Kilsaran have engaged precast engineering specialist George Jones, who is a member of the global concrete federation, fib (federation Internationale du Beton), member of fib Commission 6 for concrete prefabrication and convener of fib task group 6.7 “Precast Concrete in Tall Buildings”.
The following benefits are achievable for our customers:
- Conversion of traditional construction forms to precast concrete building solutions.
- Provide BIM level 2 modelling and structural analysis of building frames.
- Provide precast building solutions that are not restricted by old limitations of repetition and shape.
- Improved time certainty and completion dates.
- Ensure minimal waste due to automation.
- Improved social distancing and less congestion in both production and site workplaces due to fewer personnel (the number of personnel required on a building site to construct using traditional methods can be up to ten times greater when compared to a precast operation).
- Greater budget and quality certainty (fewer site-based risks), and value for money.
- The reliability of Kilsaran, Irelands largest independent manufacturer of construction materials.
Kilsaran aims to provide value and the highest levels of service to our customers. This will continue through Kilsaran Precast.