Machinery + Equipment Manager – Dunboyne, Co. Meath
We are currently looking for an experienced Machinery + Equipment Manager to monitor and manage all mobile equipment across the group. The position is based at our Head Office in Piercetown, Dunboyne, Co. Meath.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Monitor and manage all mobile equipment within the fleet including Mobile Crushers + Screeners, Wheel-loaders, Excavators, Dozers, Dumpers, Forklifts, MEWPS and Cranes.
- Monitor the performances of the machines in each location.
- Analyse all the telematic information regarding machines and their operators (Caretrak, Komtrak, Finntrack, etc.)
- Work with Operations and local management to improve efficiencies of all equipment.
- Ensure that parts are held centrally and not locally.
- Manage all our maintenance contracts.
- Assist in specifying new machinery.
- Assist in the procurement of new machinery.
- Assist in the disposal of used machinery.
- Help reduce diesel consumption and assist the company on its sustainability journey.
- Responsible for monitoring all consumables and wear parts for all machinery.
- Conduct studies for best value products and supports.
- Manage lead times of machinery that needs to be changed in line with maintenance contracts.
- Monitor and manage all road surfacing equipment including Pavers, Rollers, JCB’s, Chippers.
- Manage all the plant and equipment relating to trucks including Cranes, Mixers Cement Tankers and Trailers.
- Future development opportunity in the area of the procurement of trucks and commercial vehicles.
- Comply with company health & safety policies, procedures, systems and rules including the reporting of all hazards and incidents. Ensure that you and your team always work safely.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role in a manufacturing/construction environment.
- 3rd level qualification in related discipline is desirable.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of construction industry machinery and equipment.
- Ability to build and develop strong supplier relationships.
- Exceptional IT skills – essential MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Ability to influence, build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different departments and all levels.
- Proven contract negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to engage with onsite Location Managers to manage new initiatives and influence change.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Full, clean Driver’s License.
Character & Personal Qualities
- Strong leadership qualities.
- A team player with a collaborative and flexible approach.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
All applications to email@example.com