Location Manager (Dublin South)
We are currently looking for experienced Location Managers for our Concrete Plants based in Dublin South.
The successful candidates will have a positive and professional demeanour, excellent interpersonal skills and will be able to work independently. The nature of the work will require that the candidate demonstrate initiative and responsibility and be flexible/adaptive to a fast-paced and fluid business environment.
The primary responsibility of these positions is the effective and economic management of concrete facilities. To oversee all aspects of plant manufacturing operations to include: -production quotas and analysis, quality control, scheduling of raw materials, equipment trouble shooting, maintenance, inventory control, personnel management, environmental compliance and the daily management of the Concrete plants.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Maintain the highest standard of quality and safety in all areas of production from manufacturing to shipment.
- Oversee efficient plant operations related to production and scheduling.
- Manage the schedule and performance of production maintenance.
- Ensure the plant maintains proper stock inventories (raw materials, machinery/vehicle parts, etc.).
- Supervise hourly personnel & drivers to include: – hiring, training, directing, counseling and disciplining employees according to company policy.
- Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, procedures, systems and rules, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you work safely at all times.
- Coordinate and reinforce daily plant inspections, safety meetings and toolbox talks, the wearing of PPE and monthly fleet and plant inspections.
- Manage company truck earnings and ensure they are kept to a high standard.
- Communicate with the Technical & Operations Manager and other departments.
- Maintain a clean fleet and coordinate fleet maintenance with workshop.
- Coordinate plant maintenance with Fitter(s).
- Perform month-end inventory.
- Develop relationships with plant Sales & Account Manager and customers.
- Manage CODs and ensure compliancy with internal audits.
Qualifications & Experience
- Third level qualification, minimum Level 7, in related discipline e.g. Concrete Technology.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with building materials, quarry operations, associated equipment and fleet management.
- Excellent knowledge of quarry & concrete production processes and the types of products produced.
- Strong knowledge of Concrete Batching Plants and associated maintenance requirements.
- An understanding of QC/QA for the ready-mix concrete industry.
- A working mechanical knowledge of all plant related equipment.
Must have own transport as our sites are not accessible by public transport. On-site parking available.
All applications to firstname.lastname@example.org