Human Resources Generalist
An exciting opportunity to join Ireland’s leading independent manufacturer of building materials. We are seeking an experienced and ambitious HR Generalist to join our busy team. Reliable and trustworthy.
This is a fast paced and expansive position that will be well suited to ambitious and thorough HR professionals. The position is a full-time, permanent role based in our HQ, Dunboyne, Co.Meath.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Providing Site Management with best HR support, advice, mentoring and sourcing information in order for them to manage and/or perform as required.
- Provide advice on Employment Law.
- Involved in the Recruitment and Selection Process. Ensuring successful completion of reference checks prior to job offers.
- Coordinate the New Starter process including preparation of contracts of employment, new starter packs, and assisting with initial induction and orientation.
- Provide support to Managers in the implementation of Company policies and procedures.
- Deal with Disciplinary and Grievance processes to effectively manage internal issues as they arise.
- Monitor staff performance and attendance. Investigate staff absences and provide any related counselling.
- Working with HR Team to develop an internal and external training plan and budget which meets the operational needs of business.
- Oversee the Performance Management System, developing tools for appraisal, job evaluation and development.
- Assist with GDPR activities, including policies and training, and ensure HR data is managed within the requirements of the HR Department.
- Support with administration of employee benefits.
- Support with weekly and month Payroll information.
- Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Further ad-hoc duties as assigned by the Company.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years in a Human Resource role, preferably in a similar environment.
- Recognised 3rd level qualification in Human Resource Management and ideally CIPD qualified.
- A thorough knowledge of Employment Law, practices and their application, with a proven track record in dealing with employee relations issues.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance at management level.
- Experience of working in a unionised environment would be advantageous.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organisational, planning, problem-solving and reporting skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Exceptional IT skills.
- Ability to influence, build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different departments and all levels.
- Full Driver’s Licence (as travel to other company locations maybe necessary on occasion).
Character & Personal Qualities
- Commitment to delivering high standards with a positive ‘can-do’ approach.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to put in extra effort to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented professional who thrives in a high workload position where complex problem solving is frequently required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Lorcan on 0862940003 to learn more