Area Operations Manager – Concrete + Aggregates Products
An exciting opportunity to join Ireland’s leading independent manufacturer of concrete construction materials. We are currently looking for an experienced Area Operations Manager for 4 Ready-Mix Concrete plants in the Dublin area.
The successful candidate is required to have a working knowledge of all duties in the specific areas of personnel management, concrete production and delivery operations, quality control, sales and customer service, raw material and inventory management, fleet management and production facility maintenance.
This role is responsible for leading the safety, supervision and coordination of employees including hiring, training, coaching, and engagement. Responsibilities also include strategic planning for the plants and personnel, managing production and personnel safety and efficiency, managing quality and delivery of manufactured products, managing materials and products inventory.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and set goals across Operations, Health & Safety, Production, Quality and Logistics. Monitor both individual and team performance.
- Demonstrate a lead by example approach to all aspects of Health & Safety, be fully compliant with Company Health & Safety: policies, standards, procedures, systems, report all hazards and incidents and ensure that you and your team always work safely.
- Liaise with the Environmental Health and Safety Manager to ensure that all statutory requirements with respects to Health and Safety and Environment are implemented & adhered to.
- Manage and develop all assigned areas applicable to the manufacturing/processing of products and associated activities with particular emphasis on ensuring a smooth, efficient, cost effective and customer responsive workflow.
- Manage budgets and actual costs in respect of operational activities.
- Continuously review production methods /operating procedures with a view to improving efficiency and output whilst maintaining and improving best practice.
- Lead Plant Managers to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of plants.
- Work with assistant manager to delivery continuous improvement across the operational area
- Set out Key Performance Indicators and Production Targets for the area and provide regular reporting of same to Associate Director.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and regulatory compliance as appropriate within company guidelines.
- Oversee Inventory process and system, distribution of products and plant lay-out ensuring maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for area supply chain, raw material forecasting and control
- Oversee organisation and planning of overall daily operations and planned maintenance of all plant and equipment.
- Lead relationships with 3rd party suppliers and service providers
- Liaise with customers regarding requirements and service
- Lead plant and asset management for the area, condition management and replace/investment needs
- Identify business opportunities in areas of Waste & Recycling and Renewable Energy
- Manage both new and existing supplier relationships including contracts and price negotiations
- Lead, motivate and develop your team in line with company policy and HR strategy including recruitment, training, and performance management.
- Identify any skills gaps within the team and undertake a recruitment programme to support.Ensure that all personnel have the required standard of training to carry out the job assigned to them.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 10+ years of related professional experience in a GMP environment with at least 6 years in a supervisory/leadership/senior role.
- Recognised 3rd level qualification in one or more of the following areas is desirable; Civil Engineering, Concrete Technology.
- Strong knowledge of Ready-Mix Concrete Products, Concrete Batching Plants and associated maintenance requirements.
- Previous significant customer interfacing experience is essential. Along with a proven ability to create and maintain positive relationships and a commercial focus.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification is desirable.
- Broad technical experience across a wide range of materials and processes in the building materials/quarry products industry is highly desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to lead and manage teams from different departments to achieve company goals.
- Proven ability to engage with employees and managers to manage new initiatives and influence change.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas and results to different stakeholders across the business including staff and senior management.
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record in Project Management i.e. ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent IT skills. Ability to keep up to date with IT systems in the workplace and an understanding of emerging technologies.
Character & Personal Qualities:
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills. A positive and supportive team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and calmness in difficult situations.
- Results oriented professional who thrives in a high workload position where complex problem solving is frequently required.
All applications to email@example.com