Hints & Tips for Planning your Paving Project!
1. Keep your design simple and don’t over-complicate it.
2. Observe the sun at various times of the day to determine where the best site for a new patio or planting area would be in your garden.
3. Try to use one colour and material for the main space, then use contrasting colours and materials to create patterns and borders.
4. Use raised beds and walling to add height to a flat area and allow for creative planting schemes.
5. Remember that the paving materials you choose can help to brighten a dark site or reflect light into your home.
6. Patio areas do not have to be attached to the house-they may be independent “floating islands” within your site.
7. Laying paving is not always simple and straightforward so you should consult all sources of advice when investigating your project to ensure you have all the facts and information before proceeding. Also, bear in mind, that for larger areas it may not be something you will be able to complete on your own. In general, laying by an experienced paving contractor is recommended.
8. When choosing a professional to lay your paving, you should ask straightforward questions and look for some basic reassurances such as, recent references of work undertaken, how long the company has been laying paving products, a written quotation before work commences and so on.
9. Kilsaran has an excellent range of paving products on show in beautiful display gardens at its showrooms in Dunboyne, Co. Meath. Kilsaran also offers a free design service and has expert staff to guide you through the process of choosing the right product for your paving project